NewOasisForLife

Forgot password?
 Register
Recommended reading
View: 3867|Reply: 0

GEN Conference 2013 (1): Back from Schweibenalp /Conglong Celestial

Post time 2017-05-17 17:22:40 | 3867views0replies Show the author posts only |View large image Reply Awards |Descending
|Read mode

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Admin

Credits
Back from Schweibenalp GEN Conference 2013

Conglong Celestial

July 21, 2013

I was sent as a representative of Lifechanyuan to attend GEN (Global Ecovillage Network) conference 2013 in Schweibenalp,Switzerland, from 7th July to 12th July.

It was a very inspiring and eye-opening experience; the participants of the conference come from 51 countries across five continents,including individuals of diverse professions, ecovillage representatives, GEN workers. People with white skin, yellow skin and black skin all come together to this beautiful space to get updates of the recent ecovillage movements on the earth, exchange ideas and build networks.

There are so many inspiring and emotional moments, many people’s heart were touched when they saw the youth around the world were actively and passionately promoting a lifestyle that is more eco-friendly, sustainable, and with more love. Some youth in South America are nomads, living in caravans and travel across the continent to spread seeds of hope, teach locals how to protect the land and make it productive wherever they go.

I was inspired by their spirit very much, their passion, their commitment….. I can say this is the biggest treasure I brought back home.

Besides, GEN created an excellent platform providing all participants abundant opportunity to network, get to know people or organizations with similar vision. I found it a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere to meet new friends.

The following are some pictures taken from the conference venue, the beautiful Schweibenalp community, which is located on a mountain  area near Brienz; it has amazing view of Brienz lake and nearby mountains. The community itself is also very beautiful, what is even more beautiful is the working members for the conference, they are very lovely and supportive !

Use magic Report

0replies
Jump to specified page

发表回复

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|NewOasisForLife

2024-4-30 03:10 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.049943 second(s), 19 queries.